Welcome back to our monthly #Fit challenges! We’ve taken a long hiatus, but we’re back and ready to rock this April. The days are longer and it really feels like summer is just around the corner (despite some dodgy weather of late…) This is the perfect time to rev up your motivation and give your current routine a little bit of a shake up.
We will be approaching this month’s challenge with ONE exercise and a countdown tally of your choosing:
- For people less accustomed to regular exercise, the beginner total tally sits at 500 reps within the 30 days of April.
- For people used to regular exercise and wanting to challenge themselves, the intermediate total tally sits at 750 reps within the 30 days of April.
- For people used to regular exercise, wanting to challenge themselves and then some…the total tally sits at 1000 reps within the 30 days of April.
The exercise? Burpees, of course!
We don’t just mean the standard burpee variation. We accept any and all burpee variations and encourage you to get involved and try lots of different types out over the next few weeks. We’ll be posting videos with different variations that you can try as the weeks progress.
The basic burpee breakdown:
- Begin in a standing position.
- Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground.
- Kick your feet back, while keeping your arms extended in a full plank position.
- Immediately jump to the squat position, before jumping up.
Disclaimer: #AprilFit is an exercise challenge designed to encourage and support people in trying something new with their fitness endeavours. As always, check with a doctor before making any fitness or nutrition changes. The author, website and Train You Trim disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this site.